Buying your MAC container home
SIMPLY THE BEST PROPERTY DEAL YOU'LL EVER MAKE
“MAC containers came up trumps. The whole thing was quoted for and arranged almost overnight. The goods were made and delivered bang on time and to the spec required. Even the driver who delivered the containers couldn’t do enough.” Sally Perdrisat, Plymouth City Market
MAC's container homes are as easy to buy as they are economical and versatile. Being brand new, rather than converted from old shipping containers, it’s very straightforward to buy one. Designed to your personal specification, you’ll know exactly what you are going to get. View your options and prices.
MAC’s modular buildings get used in lots of different ways. As permanent homes for owner-occupiers to extra accommodation for businesses and public sector housing. You’ll find more in-depth details on our information pages.
Inspired by 40 years of experience serving an impressive array of blue chip clients, a MAC container home is excellent value, whatever you want to do with it. Here’s how you can buy one.
- Give us a call to discuss what it is you’re looking for and how we can help.
- To get an idea of how versatile our homes are, come and visit our show house and meet the team.
- Decide on a site. If you don’t already have land, our land team may be able to help.
- Finalise your choice of layout, wall finishes, exterior style, paint colour, kitchen and bathroom.
- CAD drawings showing layouts and all services will be made at no cost to you.
- If you wish, we can carry out a survey of your site, though this is not always necessary.
- Place your order. We’ll need a deposit of 25%. We accept all major debit and credit cards, cash and bank transfers.
- Arrange preparatory groundworks. You don’t need to dig foundations. MAC’s container houses only need support at each corner.
- Arrange for services such as drainage, water and electricity to be run to the site.
- Around 12 weeks later, we deliver your new container home on an HIAB crane lorry, so it can be lifted carefully into place.
- We install your services and leave your container home all ready for occupation.
- You pay the balance outstanding. The 10-year warranty will cover you for any issues that crop up, but we doubt you’ll need it.
- We follow-up to check you are completely happy with your new container home. If there any snagging issues, MAC can be on site within 48 hours.
- If needs change, MAC can change or replace any internal fittings for you.
Our modular housing starts at £15,009.75 (includes VAT) for a 20’ x 8’ container home typically laid out as a studio flat– sufficient for temporary and occasional use. Our larger units can incorporate three or four bedroms plus a sitting room, kitchen and bathroom.
MAC also builds homes to fully comply with building regulations for a permanent, full-time dwelling. Prices start at £23,094.75 (includes VAT).
For more prices, ideas or details, please see our information pages.
For other types of container-derived buildings, please go to the main MAC container web site.