STREETWISE SOLUTIONS FOR CHARITABLE WORKS
Charities, non-government organisations (NGOs) and church groups play a key role in providing temporary shelter for homeless, disabled and other disadvantaged people. MAC container homes provide a quick, affordable and lasting solution for tackling pockets of housing shortage and homelessness, and providing long-term shelter for people evacuated from buildings and areas permanently damaged by fire, flood and other extreme events. They can be built, delivered and installed in just 12 weeks and we can, if required, build and store a stock of homes that can be called off to deal with housing emergencies. All you pay is the cost of the homes themselves.
MAC container homes provide a realistic opportunity to:
- Revitalise communities by providing small housing developments to suit a wide range of demographics: elderly, single people, students and young families
- Make charity funding go much further. Prices for a MAC container home start at £12,995 (+VAT) for temporary accommodation and go up to £35,490 (+VAT) for a permanent dwelling fully compliant with building regulations
- Accommodate people rapidly. A MAC container home can be built, delivered and installed in just 12 weeks, ready to move into with minimal site preparation time and cost
- Enable charities to mount small housing projects to help just a few individuals or families
- Relieve overcrowding in institutions housing asylum seekers, parolees and recovering mental health patients
- Reduce the dependence on expensive, B&B accommodation.
- Restore a sense of dignity and pride by providing independent living for people with shattered lives
- Bring derelict, hard-to-develop urban brownfield sites unsuitable for traditional construction projects back to life
- Encourage local organisations to invest in charitable housing projects and provide additional units for amenities such as playgroups, community centres, gyms, health centres and corner shops
Our container homes give you complete flexibility as to siting, appearance, furniture, flooring and fixtures and fittings. Modular, tough, transportable and secure, they make ideal pop-up villages. MAC container homes can be linked, stacked and staggered to create entire villages or blocks of accommodation, incorporating communal indoor and outdoor space and other local amenities to encourage a sense of community and shared interests.